Wednesday, February 27, 2008

just a yummy day


Dusty
Originally uploaded by smartcakes
Wow. I am feeling SO good today - much better than I have in a very long time.

It is so sunny today. We've been outside with no jackets or anything.

I just love this hat on Dusty - it's actually mine, but he's been wearing it everywhere the past few days. He spends at least an hour or so out in the backyard every day, mowing the lawn with his toy lawn mower. He takes his duties very seriously.

I recently discovered Pandora.com, ironically, on the exact same day my friend Shae discovered it. I'm indulging in my various musical guilty pleasures - Collective Soul, Arlo Guthrie, Gordon Lightfoot, Stompin' Tom Connors, Loverboy, Loretta Lynn...

I don't know why, but Pandora keeps insisting that I must love Cat Stevens and Matchbox 20, even though I keep saying no no no.

Dusty and I are going to whip up a batch of welsh cakes in a bit and head off to the park for a little picnic-type thing. I'm going to bring a crafty project with me to work on while he plays on the playground. I'm trying to finish a tiny Mary Engelbreit cross stitch thing to send to my mom for her birthday. Geez, I don't think I've done counted cross stitch in at least twenty years. I did a lot of it when I was a kid.

My blog entries are rather brief at the moment. I'm spending most of my time trying to get it to look the way I want it to, and it's coming along slowly.

I'll leave you with five things that are making me happy today:

1) the rambunctious bluejays that hang out in our backyard
2) my favourite line in a song ever - "Who brought the cat? Would Margaret Atwood?" from My Baby Loves A Bunch Of Authors by Moxy Fruvous
3) watching Dusty watching the guys next door cut down a tree
4) the fact that my bed is made. It's amazing how this little detail cheers me up
5) the little story Dusty wrote about eating a "bagl", complete with drawings if said bagel.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home